As parents, the most important thing to us is looking after our families. To do so, it’s important to create a healthy home. You may think your home is already a healthy space, but you might be surprised at some of the improvements you can make! For some inspiration, consider these five ideas.
- Purify Your Indoor Air
To create a healthier home for your family, the best thing you can do is to purify your indoor air. There are generally two ways that you can do this:
- Use plants: One of the easiest ways to improve your air quality is to buy a few house plants. When we bring plants into the home, they remove chemicals from the air, including trichloroethylene, benzene, and formaldehyde.
- An air purifier: Using an air purifier can help you to filter your air, removing bacteria, pollen, dust, and toxins.
- Banish The Dust
A dusty home can have adverse health effects and lead to allergy flare-ups. Carpets are great at collecting dust, so it can be easier to choose a tile or wooden floor! To help you keep the dust at bay, it can also be useful to buy a dehumidifier. These are perfect for getting rid of mold and mildew too. Dusting and hoovering your home regularly will also make a huge difference to the amount of dust that builds up.
- Choose Green Cleaning Products
Conventional cleaning products contain chemicals that are bad for our health and for the earth. To ensure a healthier home for your family, try using natural solutions such as vinegar or baking soda. Alternatively, there are several green cleaning brands that you can try:
- Puracy: This brand has created a green cleaning product that is safe for the environment, families, and pets. Ingredients used include essential oils, natural salts, and amylase (a natural enzyme).
- Better Life: Better Life products are made with a range of ingredients, including botanical extracts, soap bark, coconut, and corn. These products are strictly free from ammonia and bleach.
- Try A Water Filter
To make your home as healthy as possible, it’s a wise idea to use a water filter. Non filtered water can contain harmful contaminants, including E.coli, lead, or chlorine. Water filters are non-expensive, yet they are an excellent healthy gadget to have around!
- Fight The Damp
A damp home can trigger health issues, and so it’s best to tackle the damp right away. There are many things you can do including:
- Remove excess moisture: You’ll need to remove excess moisture from your home to avoid damp. Make frequent use of the extractor fan in your bathroom; a dehumidifier is also useful.
- Insulate your crawl space: If your home has a crawl space, this space will be prone to moisture issues. Failing to insulate your crawl space walls can cause damp issues in the rest of your home.
Creating a healthier home is a wonderful act of self-care, allowing you to ensure that your family is as healthy and comfortable as can be!