The holidays are behind us and following all these special days, ’tis the season for decluttering! We have new toys, new clothes, new trinkets, some even have new cars!- so something’s gotta go! And, special shout out to Marie Kondo and her Netflix special- we are all the mood to purge!
Whether you are freeing up space in your drawers or garage, we have a few tips to help you in your decluttering journey and help your head from popping off!
1. Make a trash pile and don’t look back! One of my biggest downfalls is making a pile of things to dump, then never following through. A week or two later, the pile’s still there, then it slowly starts creeping back to where it was before. So- when you make that trashpile, make sure to take the next step and actually dump it or donate it!
2. Sell items for extra cash!I love taking the kids’ clothes to consignment shops when they grown out of them and cashing out to buy the next size up, but did you know you can make money on other things you aren’t using anymore, like old cars?? I recently found out about Junk Car Masters, a nationwide service that pays $100 – $25,000 for vehicles, even if they are damaged or non-running! Amazing! They even offer free towing and payment in 24-48 hours. Check online for your instant offer on your vehicle. You’ll be glad you finally got rid of that old hunk of junk that’s been taking up the extra parking space, and even happier when you get paid for it!
3. Organize and store your stuff in nice containers.Yes, my kids still have a zillion toys, but being able to hide them in a nice cabinet, in big toy baskets, or in nice looking bins makes the clean-up process so much quicker, and helps keep the room looking tidy!
4. Make a family to-do list and prioritize. I love love love to-do lists and have roped my whole family into Sunday morning family meetings where we go through and make a big family to-do list, prioritize items and schedule them out for the week. That being said, I try to pick a room to declutter each day/every other day, and that way I can take it nice and easy. Bigger rooms, like the garage or the basement, may need a dedicated weekend, so make sure to schedule accordingly!
Now that you are armed with 4 easy tricks to help you declutter, best of luck to all of you on your tidying up journey! And remember that if you are looking to declutter or sell something big, like an old car, be sure to check out Junk Car Masters for an instant quote to see how much you could get for your car, even damaged or non-running!
- Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Junk Car Masters, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.