This post is sponsored by Stella® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Being at the beach for the past few weeks has been so much fun! One awesome thing about renting a condo vs. a hotel is that we have a full kitchen to get to cookin’ in (ok, Mr. R and my mother-in-law, mainly). We’re always looking for new foods to try, but we definitely have our staples, like steak, good cheese, and veggies. Mr. R can whip these ingredients up into just about anything you please, I kid you not. So when we came across this great brand of fresh organic mozzarella cheese, Stella® Cheese, I gave him the reigns and he did not disappoint with a tasty beach snack recipe, Grilled Steak and Mozzarella Sliders. All the heart eyes for this recipe!
So, before I jump into the ingredients, let me tell you a little about Stella® ‘s Fresh Organic Mozzarella cheese. This delicious cheese offers a fresh, milky flavor and soft, delicate texture. I’m not a HUGE cheese person, but this cheese was seriously dreamy. Watching it melt on the cast iron was making my mouth drool big time. Stella® cheese is reminiscent of the fresh mozzarella originally handmade in the Italian countryside. Its subtle, milky flavors pairs well with crisp, acidic wines, and this recipe I’m about to share would be perfect with a nice glass of vino! With Stella® cheeses you can transform any traditional dish or cheese plate into a gourmet experience. Stella® cheeses are flavorful and combine old world craftsmanship with rich dairy heritage, dating back to 1923. To learn more, visit www.stellacheese.com.
- Steak Cut of Choice
- Stella Fresh Organic Mozzarella Cheese
- Yellow Onions
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Red Wine for Deglazing
- Cut steak into thin pieces, small enough to fit onto a Hawaiian Roll (about 2x2inches)
- Cut Stella Mozzarella into 1x1inch pieces
- Cut onions into thin slices
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices, about 1x1inch pieces
- Bring pan (preferrably seasoned cast iron) to med-high heat.
- Add butter to pan, then drop in the steak. Keep in mind the little pieces of steak will cook in no time, so keep an eye on them.
- Put steak in a container and let rest.
- Place tomatoes over the steak pieces and cover the container. The heat will help the tomatoes sweat a bit.
- Add Red Wine to deglaze pan.
- Throw in the onions to the pan making sure the onions soak up all the glazyness. Cook until caramelized.
- Add caramelized onions over the tomatoes and steak.
- Add rolls to pan and toast on both sides.
- Add butter to pan and place in the Stella Mozzarella pieces. As soon as the cheese begins to melt and loose shape remove them and place on the rolls.
- Build the slider. Grab the steak, tomato, onions, and Stella Mozzarella cheese stack and place in-between the rolls.