It’s no secret that getting in shape is something that is always on my mind. Now, being always on my mind and actually doing it do not always match up. Yes, it’s nice to think about getting in shape, but what good is thinking about it if you have no motivation to actually do it?
As a working mom/blogger, extra time is not something that I have a lot of, so adding something else to my plate needs to be something that I really really want to do. And yes, losing weight and being in good shape is definitely something I really want to do, but that doesn’t mean I necessarily have as much motivation as I need. So I wanted to share some of the things that keep me motivated to try and lose this baby weight and get back in shape!
6 Ways to Stay Motivated to Work Out
- Keep a goal picture with you at all times! Here’s My goal picture, and it definitely helps keep me motivated, knowing that I’ve looked like this before and can look like it again.
- Set workout goals that you can achieve. I like to set goals for myself to keep myself motivated, both for the short term and long term. My short-term goals are things like checking my phone after 10 minutes of working out, or being able to indulge in a cookie if I can make it through the great work. Long-term goals that I set for myself are things like getting a new workout outfit once I reach a certain goal, or being able to have a cheat day. Now, I know that some work out enthusiasm or coach might not agree with those goals, but hey, they work for me!
- Set personal body goals for yourself. Having a target weight, waist size, or look in mind really help me stay motivated. If I’m not feeling a work out one morning, being able to weigh myself and check my progress really helps.
- Work out with other people. I recently joined YouFit Health Clubs and love the experience of being here and being around others. There’s just something about other people being able to see you work out that really motivates me. No one wants to be the lazy girl that’s quitting and giving up in front of everyone. When I work out at home, I’m much more likely to go easy or stop and take a water break every 30 seconds.
- Find a place to go that has all the equipment you need. Again, I can’t say enough good things about YouFit Health Clubs and their programs, classes, and equipment. These gems had everything you could need.
- Dress the part! Make sure you feel good and wear clothes that make you comfortable to workout. No one can have a good workout while feeling self-conscious about how they look!
Tell me: what tips do you have for staying motivated to workout?
Disclosure: I was compensated for my review of YouFit Health Clubs, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.