So we are just under a week away from our Disney World Trip (SQUEEEEE!) and I just can’t contain my excitement! Like I’ve said, we’ve done this a few times so we pretty much know our timeline for when we should be doing everything, but I wanted to write up a quick list of 8 things you should be doing 1-2 weeks before your Disney trip for any newbies!
- Check in to your hotel (10 days out): This will help alleviate the stress of trying to do it once you are physically on property. This way, when you arrive, you can drop off your bags and head to your first park!
- Make any requests for your stay (10 days out)
- We requested for our room to be near the lobby, as well as a Pack ‘n Play for Tino to be left in the room.
- Make a Costco trip to buy all your snacks, drinks, etc. I’ll do a more in-detail post about how to save money at Disney, but one really great way is to buy everything in bulk at Costco. This is just some of what we are taking with us.
- Pack your clothes! Seriously! I told you to start doing this a month before but if you haven’t started yet, start now! You’ll need to be able to tell what you still need to buy.
- Start making arrangements for while you are gone. You’ll probably need someone to run by your house to grab a package you’re expecting, grab your mail, or feed your cats (just us?) Start asking for those favors now!
- Check the weather forecast. Turns out, we’ll probably need a light jacket, so make sure you check it to pack everything you might need!
- Download the Disney Parks app! We LOVE this app because it gives you maps, tells you wait times, and lets you book FastPasses+ among other things! Download it early so you can spend some time getting familiar with it.
- Link your tickets and credit card to your Magic Band online through My Disney Experience. This will help save time at check-in and will make everything run more smoothly!
- If you were unable to make some of the reservations you wanted, check out these options for quick snacks that don’t require a reservation! Shoutout to ElMoodieFoodie.com for the great Top 5 list!
Anything I forgot? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional recommendations! I love hearing from other Disney parents!