So, I had a huge response to my Around Atlanta: February post and am so glad that people loved it and were able to find some new activities to do! I decided this month, I’d keep it family-focused, but also wanted to add a date night section 🙂 Enjoy, and if you have any ideas or events that should be included, please just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Always looking for ideas!
Family Friendly Ideas
- March 1 – 12: Center for Puppetry Arts: Adventures of Mighty Bug: Scorpiana is on the loose and threatening the insect citizens of Bugville! Is our hero Mighty Bug up for the challenge? Find out in this science-filled, comic-book-style adventure!
- March 17: Beauty and the Beast: Y’all- I can;t even stand how excited I am for the real-life version of Beauty and the Beast, my all-time favorite Disney movie! I think Emma Watson will make a perfect Belle, and it just looks like it’s going to be phenomenal. Here’s a trailer, in case you live under a rock and haven’t seen it yet!
- March 17: Shake Your Shamrock at Mall of Georgia: (FREE!) Families are invited to Shake Your Shamrock, Mall of Georgia’s inaugural St. Patrick’s Day celebration from 6 – 9 p.m. in The Village! Live entertainment, dancing all night, and giveaways!
- March 18 & 19: LegoLand: ($12.50+): Legoland’s new, out-of-this-world exhibit titled Space Mission is launching this March! Atlanta-area families are invited to be among the first to experience this celestial voyage during a grand opening weekend celebration from March 18-19. Space Mission is an intergalactic building experience where guests explore alien worlds built entirely out of LEGO® bricks. Visitors will be able to build their own spaceship, explore the mission control center and watch a LEGO® rocket blast off into outer space
- March 25 & 26: Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival and 5K: Bring your family, friends, and Fido for a fabulous weekend of fun when the 3rd Annual Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival returns to Blackburn Park. The festival will take place on Saturday, March 25 & Sunday, March 26 from 10 am to 6 pm each day and admission is free. There’s also a 5K and 1K, which you can register for here.
- All month: Skyview Atlanta: ($12.50+) Towering nearly 20 stories above Centennial Park, the SkyView Ferris wheel features 42 climate-controlled gondolas providing guests with breathtaking panoramic views of downtown Atlanta and the surrounding metropolitan area.
- March 25: Rescue Dog Olympics: (Brook Run Park) Rescue Dog Olympics is an interactive, fun field day of silly and competitive games for rescue dogs and their forever families to participate in and compete with others. It will be an event filled with festivities, interactive dog game stations, dog related vendors, and dog training sessions, food, a beer garden and Rescue Dog People! All Dogs and their families are welcome.
- March 14- April 16: Alliance Theater Dinosaur ($5 – $10): A one-of-a-kind collaboration with the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, this production will be developed in partnership with science educators from the museum. A gentle and awe-inspiring introduction to the wonders of the pre-historic world, this is a play where science and art intersect, and where our tiniest audience members interact with some of the largest dinosaurs to ever walk the Earth.
- All month (through May 29!): Children’s Museum of Atlanta: Feature Exhibit: From Here to There: How are objects transported across land, sea and air? Families are invited to find out during Children’s Museum of Atlanta’s new feature exhibit “From Here to There,” parked in Atlanta now through May 29! Developed by the Sciencenter in New York, this traveling educational exhibit showcases 12 interactive stations and teaches children about gravity, friction, the laws of motions and more physics-filled fun.
Date Night Ideas
- Sweep at The Aurora Theatre: Did you catch my post on this amazing show? Cele and I got to go for our last date night and absolutely loved it! The show was hilarious, and we love The Aurora Theatre! Please go before it ends March 5!!
- Treat Your Feet: $30 for the best hour-long foot massage of your life? Yes, please! Located in Doraville, right off 285, this amazing hole-in-the-wall will become your favorite date night spot! But be sure to call and make reservations because they book up and hardly ever have walk-in spots!
- Movie and Dessert (Midtown): Midtown Arts Cinema+Apre Diem: We love this date night because the theater, Midtown Arts Cinema, has a bar and serves alchoholic beverages before the movie! Afterwards, Apre Diem is the perfect spot for dessert, with its cozy couches, candlelit nooks, and eclectic desserts.Or, come early and have dinner before the movie! Either way, run, don’t walk!