This weekend I did something that I love to do but don’t do nearly enough… I got in the kitchen and I baked! I absolutely love baking and (Cele thinks, at least) that I usually do a decent job of whatever’s in the oven, but the time it takes to prep and bake is usually overruled by a starving toddler and screaming baby. So, it hardly ever happens.
Okay okay, now before you start thinking that I’m some perfect homemaker who bakes every Saturday morning, let me just preface this by saying that I baked from a box this weekend LOL. Yes, it’s true, I made these delicious banana nut muffins from my favorite box! It’s Krusteaz Banana Nut Muffins, and they are sooo tasty!
But, I decided to spruce up the Banana Nut muffin recipe and add some sautéed apples, that had been tossed in butter, cinnamon and nutmeg, and I really think it took the muffins to the next level!
I also do have a homemade banana muffin recipe if you have all the ingredients and a little bit of extra time 🙂 You can find it here, and I promise, it won’t disappoint!
The Accidental Mrs.’ Apple Cinnamon Banana Nut Muffins
Ingredients: Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple, chopped and sauteed in butter and cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place muffin cups in muffin tin, or grease with a little butter.
- Mix sugar, oil, and egg until creamy and light yellow in a bowl. Add bananas and apples.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.