BAM! Just like that, my baby boy is ONE. How is that even possible? I’ve spent my nights falling asleep replaying the past year in my mind, wondering how the best year of my life, with both of my precious babies, has come and gone so quickly. From replaying his birth over and over again, to thinking about his sweet giggle or the way he and Anissa love to play together, I just can’t help but be overwhelmed with joy at how perfect my little family is (and we all know that’s an exaggeration, but hey, rose colored glasses, right?) I just love these little kiddos so so much, that as soon as I start thinking about them, every bad moment or yelling “I never see you again!” (shoutout to Anissa for that gem) is wiped from my memory instantly and all I can think of are the sweet moments.
So, my boy. My sweet, snuggly, cuddly, mama’s boy to the core. He’ll cry if anyone else is holding him and I’m in his sight, he tries to climb up my body so much so that he pantsed me at Christmas, he’s still nursing every 3-4 hours/would be 24 hours a day if he could. He loves co-sleeping and I’m pretty sure just wants to crawl back inside my body. He’s the sweetest, funniest little guy and has an amazing laugh. He hates his carseat and will fight you tooth and nail to get out of it as you try to
shove gently seat him in it 😉 He loves giving kisses, but more than that, biting chins. He’s got my heart and I can’t even imagine life without him.
And now, some 12 month stats:
- Weight: 24 pounds
- Height: 29 inches
- Sleeping: Hit or miss. Some nights, through the night in his crib… others, in our bed in the nook of my arm.
- Eating: Loves yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, let’s be honest- everything!
- Wearing: 12 month / some 18 month
- Diapers: 5′s
- Doing: WALKING!! He still gets tired after a while and will crawl but he can definitely do it. Loves walking mostly towards Mama 🙂 Still has 7 teeth.
- New words: Mama, ca ca (poop), chita (milk), ven aca (come here).