Well, month 2 was a little more “real” than the fairytale of month 1, if we’re being honest. Not that it’s hard now by any means (I know people have so much of a harder time), but a few things happened this month that made parenting 2 under 2 a tad bit harder:
- I went back to work 🙁 I’ve been back for almost 3 weeks now, so pumping and bottle feeding has been an adjustment, as well as the general chaos of waking up at 4 or 4:30 to get everyone ready, fed, packed and out the door by 6:15. We’ve been late a few times 😉
- Baby Tino is gassy. And it makes him uncomfortable. I wouldn’t say he’s colicky, but he’s less “easy” and silent than he was the first month. Which is fine, because part of it is just him developing his little personality, I just hate when his tummy hurts! I’ve stopped drinking coffee, and we’ve started giving him gas drops when he cries.
Other than those things though, life is still great. I absolutely am so head over heels in love with my family, it makes me want to cry every day!!! Waking up at 4 or 5 is a dream come true when the first thing I see is a nappy-headed toddler running into my room or a newborn starting to wriggle and root as he wakes up (or a cranky husband who had to sleep with said nappy headed toddler all night because she wanted cuddles ;)). Honestly, life can’t get much better than this.
- Weight: 11 pounds, 14 oz.
- Height: 22.75 in.
- Sleeping: He is still only waking up once to eat (usually) but sometimes he ends up crashing in bed with us (OOPS!) It’s funny- I never would have let Anissa sleep in our bed, but this time around I’m just thankful to get any sleep, with or without a baby!
- Eating: Still breastfed, but also takes bottles of breastmilk when I am at work. He eats about 4 – 5 oz per bottle every 3 – 4 hours.
- Wearing: 0 – 3 month and 3 month clothes!
- Diapers: 2’s
- Doing: Loves to pick his head up and try to scoot during tummy time. Starting to coo and make noises. Grasping for toys, fingers, and especially my necklaces!
Little Man is headed on his first flight this weekend as we go to Houston for one of my besties weddings! This is the exact same age we took Anissa to Houston for the first time, and I’m so excited that my family will get to meet my sweet boy! Wish us luck!