Holy smokes, where has the past month gone? As you’ll soon find out in Part 4 of our birth story, the first month of Anissa Marie’s life has been laced with ER visits, surgeries, etc. (all for me, thank God, she is perfectly healthy!) So, it’s no wonder that the first month flew by and is all kind of a haze!
But, throughout it all we’ve had fun and made the most of it, and although it’s been a tough month on me, I’d never switch it for any other month of my life. Anissa is pure perfection- if you haven’t met her already, I hope you get to soon- although I know I am biased 😉
So after a month, here’s where we are at and some quick stats!
- Weight: 8 pounds (up from 4th percentile at 6 lbs, 3 oz at birth to 16th percentile!)
- Height: 20.25 inches (up from 4th percentile at 18 inches at birth to 23rd percentile!)
- Sleeping: In her crib since 3 weeks. I love watching her on the video monitor- she is so good at putting herself back to sleep, it’s crazy!
- Eating: 5 oz of breastmilk every 2 – 3 hours or 4 oz of formula (just at night)
- Waking: Two to three times during the night. Usually around 11, 2 and 4 depending on when she goes down for the night.
- Wearing: Still newborn, but as of yesterday she wore her very first 0-3 item!
- Diapers: Just graduated from newborn to 1, although we still have to roll the front down 🙂
- Doing: Tummy time (every day, thanks to Papi!) She can pick up and move her head well, and she can scoot and roll over if you put your hand behind her feet for support! Today she also stuck out her tongue when Cele did, which was hilarious! She’s very good at following noises, voices and lights.
And of course, some pictures 🙂 We’re going to start a “monthly picture” tomorrow, but for now, these will do.
Jacqueline DelacruzMay 20, 2014 at 11:35 am
AWe so precious!! Congrats on the new bundle of JOY! enjoy..
Mary AnnMay 20, 2014 at 1:15 pm
What a sweetheart! Enjoy her–time goes by so quickly!
myrah - Coupon MamacitaMay 20, 2014 at 1:41 pm
They grow so quick! Love that picture of both of you in Red!
Christi at SexyMoxieMamaMay 20, 2014 at 1:53 pm
Congrats on your new bundle of joy. Enjoy it, they grown up so fast.
HollyMay 20, 2014 at 2:12 pm
I love that gorgeous red dress! Anissa is just beautiful!
anniMay 20, 2014 at 3:21 pm
isn’t she the cutest. Congrats on one month! Continue to to great a sa mom!
KungphooMay 20, 2014 at 6:51 pm
Very precious time for a parent and child.. she is adorable!
DanielleMay 20, 2014 at 8:02 pm
I am so happy for you all. Its good to see her doing well. She looks so cute in her little dress. I love that picture.
GraceMay 20, 2014 at 9:15 pm
She is beautiful! They grow up so fast…I wish I could go back and hold my babies again. Now they are growing boys and the older they get the more independent they are 🙁
Amy @A Day In The Life Of Mrs. GlassMay 21, 2014 at 1:04 am
Cherish every moment! They grow up so fast 🙂 She is adorable!
TeriMay 21, 2014 at 11:55 am
They grow so so fast and I am so thrilled to see you documenting these moments. She is lovely!