Dessert is my favorite meal of the day. Key lime pie is my favorite dessert. Therefore, key lime pie is pretty much always at the forefront of my mind. Sad, I know, but don’t pity me just yet, as I am here to share an easy and delcious twist on my favorite dessert… Key Lime Pie Pudding Parfaits!
Now of course this recipe was originally found on Pinterest (come on, what recipe isn’t found on Pinterest?) Here is the original recipe from a blog called Food, Fashion and Flow. Esentially, it’s key lime pie in a heavenly, delicious cup. Not to mention, it was easy to make and a great way to divvy up the desserts to make sure you have enough for everyone. Here’s what a Key Lime Pudding Parfait looks like:
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 2 large boxes Vanilla Pudding
- 5 large limes (juice and shavings) OR 1 packet of Frosting Creations Key Lime flavoring
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbles
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Crush up enough graham crackers for 2 cups
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan
- Once heated, add the brown sugar and stir until bubbling
- Add crumbles and cook for 3 minutes
- Lay out on a plate and let cool. Once cool, break it into crumbles by hand
- Make instant pudding and add lime juice or flavor pack to taste. Put in fridge to let cool.
- Once cool, put a scoop of pudding in each cup. Then add a layer of crumbles, and add another layer of pudding. Let cool in fridge for at lease one hour.
- When ready to serve, add a generous scoop of whipped cream and an extra cookie!
Makes 12 cups
Kelsey ApleyJune 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm
Sounds delicious, never had Keylime pudding!!
Debra ElliottJune 18, 2013 at 4:10 pm
So yummy in my tummy!
martyJune 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm
I nominated you for a Liebster Award… to find out more go to http://www.thoughtsonlifeandmoney.com/2013/06/i-am-now-liebster-award-nominee-you.html
amanda23rodriguezJune 19, 2013 at 3:25 pm
Thanks, Marty! Looks like I am in good company on your list 🙂
Renae C.June 19, 2013 at 3:20 pm
I’ve never actually tried key lime anything…I think it is time I do!
amanda23rodriguezJune 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Oh. my. goodness. Please do- and let me know what you think!
ErinJune 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm
Key Lime Pie is my favorite too! This looks like a great alternative- I’ll have to try it. Thanks!
earthlingorgeousJune 19, 2013 at 4:54 pm
I am a dessert person too ur pie looks yummy!
KelleyJune 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Ummmm, this looks divine. I think I could just eat the cookie crumble mixture by itself!
amanda23rodriguezJune 19, 2013 at 5:09 pm
I may or may not have stolen a few bites before I put it in the cups!
Kelley JohnsenJune 19, 2013 at 5:50 pm
Looks delicious and I am sure the kids will love it.
Nicole CopelandJune 20, 2013 at 2:56 am
looks good 🙂
DebraJune 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm
That looks delicious and so easy to make for a dessert treat!
amanda23rodriguezJune 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Thanks! Definitely easier than making a full pie, in my opinion!