Hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day, celebrating and remembering those who have given their lives for our freedom.
We had a very low-key day, just grilling, watching a Braves game, and hanging out. I did come up with a snazzy new sparkling drink, though, that I wanted to share with everyone for the next time you need a cool drink idea but don’t want to spend a fortune, because guess what? This drink only costs $2.50 to make! To me, that sure sounded better than $10 for a bottle of wine or sangria, and it was tasty and lo-cal, too!
So what is the mystery drink? White Wine Strawberry Lemondade!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 large lemons
- 1 mini-bottle of Chardonnay (the kinds you see at Walmart for $1)
- Pitcher of water
- 3 large strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Fill a pitcher with cold, filtered water
- Cut the lemons in half, and cut off a couple slices for garnish. Toss them in the pitcher
- Squeeze the lemons into the water
- Add in the sugar and make sure you like the way your lemonade tastes
- Add the wine and stir
- Slice the strawberries for garnish
- Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes to absorb the fruit flavors
It really is that easy, and it looks very pretty, too! Your guests will love this sinless treat all summer long!
Jenn McCullarMay 28, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Love it, must try this summer.
Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma)May 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm
This has my name written all over it! YUM
Anne AvilesMay 28, 2013 at 5:54 pm
I’ll try it next week for sure!
Nicole @ One Punky MamaMay 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm
Sounds yummy. I’m still chuckling at the wine at Walmart thing because I live up north and that’s definitely NOT something we see here!
amanda23rodriguezMay 28, 2013 at 8:02 pm
HA! That’s so funny! I remember the first time I went to San Diego and they sold bottles of hard liquor in Walgreens… I was shocked!
Steph @ Filipino Beef RecipesMay 29, 2013 at 6:08 am
I’m gonna try this!.. The picture makes me so thirsty!.. 🙂