Hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day, celebrating and remembering those who have given their lives for our freedom.
We had a very low-key day, just grilling, watching a Braves game, and hanging out. I did come up with a snazzy new sparkling drink, though, that I wanted to share with everyone for the next time you need a cool drink idea but don’t want to spend a fortune, because guess what? This drink only costs $2.50 to make! To me, that sure sounded better than $10 for a bottle of wine or sangria, and it was tasty and lo-cal, too!
So what is the mystery drink? White Wine Strawberry Lemondade!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 large lemons
- 1 mini-bottle of Chardonnay (the kinds you see at Walmart for $1)
- Pitcher of water
- 3 large strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Fill a pitcher with cold, filtered water
- Cut the lemons in half, and cut off a couple slices for garnish. Toss them in the pitcher
- Squeeze the lemons into the water
- Add in the sugar and make sure you like the way your lemonade tastes
- Add the wine and stir
- Slice the strawberries for garnish
- Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes to absorb the fruit flavors
It really is that easy, and it looks very pretty, too! Your guests will love this sinless treat all summer long!