Aloha everyone and welcome to the Recipe Corner!
Mr. R and I have some easy-to-make, go-to dinners and appetizers that we absolutely love. Don’t get me wrong, we love to mix it up and try new things, but these few items are things we know we can make in a jiffy and will love- no questions asked.
So, what are our favorite easy-to-make dinners?
1. Cous-cous – this dish is great as a side or as a full meal, depending on what you add in. Cous-cous is so easy to make and is flexible- it takes on the flavor of whatever you put into it, so Mr. R likes to make it in chicken broth or red wine sauce to add some kick. Also, some packs of cous-cous come with preseasoned packets, so you don’t even have to try and get creative with the flavor!
2. Chicken topped with roasted red peeppers, spinach, bacon and mozzarella. We actually just made this dish last night for my parents and in-laws, and it was a hit! We grill the chicken breast in salt and pepper till it’s about halfway cooked, then lay it in a baking dish, top with turkey bacon, spinach, red peppers and mozzarella, and bake at 350 for 30 mins. Voila! It comes out perfect, and is great when paired with a light pasta or cous-cous (obsession explained above).
3, Grilled porkchops with a side of grilled mangos. This one tops my list because it is easy, light and healthy. Win win win! We literally just grill a porkchop and some mango slices, and it makes the tastiest light meal, yet a meal that’s still hearty.
4. Omelet or frittata with last nights leftovers. This is a Mr. R specialty! Any time we have a chicken tender, pork chop or some veggies left over, the first thing he says is, “Breakfast tomorrow!” He is so good about not letting stuff go to waste, so this is a natural meal choice, and is always oh-so-good! His only advice is to make sure to slice the meat thinner or into smaller pieces before mizing it into the eggs for the frittata.
5. Fresh avacado tacos – All you have to do for these morsels is cut up big pieces of avocado, throw them in a tortilla and top with queso fresco, salsa, black beans and any other taco toppers you are particularly fond of. Mmm mmm mmm.
6. Hawaiian tomato basil and mozzarella flatbread- Dun dun dunnnn ladies and gents- the recipe worthy of pictures. This is honestly one of the tastiest things Mr. R makes, and I abso-freakin-lutely love it! It is so good and so easy. All you have to do is flatten out a pack of Hawaiiain bread, drizzle olive oil on it, and top with tomatos and mozzarella cheese. Then, a few springs of basil and you are set. Bake for 15 minutes and you’ll be good to go.
So there you have it- meals that are so easy, yet so tasty! What are your go-to recipes that I should add to the list?