Well, it’s only been a few weeks since my last update since I was so behind, but Sweet Baby Boy is officially 3 months old! My little man is literally the best baby I could have ever hoped for (I know I say that a lot but it’s so true!!)
I am loving him at 3 months old! Since he was a preemie, he has his real age, which is 3 months or 12 weeks, but he also has an adjusted age, which is only 6 weeks. Basically, he should developmentally be about where a 6 week old is. It’s hard to think about that and not compare him to other babies that are his real age, but he is doing so well for being 6 weeks early, and is advanced for his adjusted age. So really, we give him about a 3 week grace period to meet his milestones!
So, a little more about this big ole chunky boy!
- Weight: 14.2 lbs
- Height: He didn’t have a 3 month check-up this month so I’m honestly not sure!
- Sleeping: Either in the co-sleeper in our room or in his crib! He only wakes up once (2:30 a.m.) and then sleeps until 6:30 or 7, so I’m getting two good 5-hour stretches a night! Also, this is new! We’ve started putting him down in his crib right awake and he will put himself to sleep!
- Eating: Nursing every 2 to 3 hours or taking a 4 oz. bottle of pumped milk.
- Waking: Once a night!
- Wearing: 3-6m and even some 6-9m! I can’t handle how big he is!!!
- Diapers: 3s
- Doing: Smiling and giggling (consistently started at 11 weeks), rolling over from front to back (around 10 weeks), tummy time, following voices and noises, kicking legs and grabbing at toys. He also went on his first trip to Disney World!
Can’t wait to continue to see him growing and thriving!