So, I wrote a 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me post about 4 years ago on my 25th birthday. If you missed it or are new here, you can check it out!
Since then, I’ve changed and grown a lot, so I thought it would be fun to do a second edition, especially since it’s my 29th birthday!
So without further ado, 29 (More) Things You Didn’t Know About Me!
- For the past 2 years, I’ve only taught Language Arts and Social Studies- my two favorite subjects
- I’m moving to teach a lower grade next year and am so excited to try out the little people!
- We always have a project going on.
- My favorite drink is a mango margarita, but a glass of chardonnay works, too
- Speaking of, drinking wine makes me swell and my joints hurt. Joy.
- I let my kid watch YouTube “color videos”, which basically makes me a crappy mom
- I fought with my parents about my sister sleeping with them for a long time, and now, both of my kids sleep with us. Karma
- I am incredibly cheap. I only shop for clothes at Target, TJMaxx, or Ross. And even then, they have to be on clearance.
- I grew up in Katy, Texas, and still go back at least once or twice a year.
- My favorite social media is Instagram.
- I’m a multi-tasker, but a terrible one. I always have several things going on at once but never do a good job of completing any of them. It’s something I’m working on.
- I’m really bad at taking care of myself. I usually go 8-10 months without a haircut, I don’t have a “skincare” routine, I am terrible at exercising.
- I have one brother (26) and one sister (12).
- I’m the oldest of the three (duh)
- I am obsessed with the process of motherhood. Pregnancy, childbirth, nursing. I’m obsessed and always have baby fever. Like, from the second I have a baby, I’m ready for another.
- My personal goal is to be able to wear a bikini this summer to the beach. At 29. With two kids. Lord help me. (Update- it ain’t gonna happen)
- I never have fewer than 10 tabs open on my computer at any time.
- I’m picture obsessed and am always snapping on my phone or camera.
- I say y’all way too much.
- I love teaching, but I miss public relations. As hard as I thought it was at the time, teaching is 1,000 times harder.
- I love spa days- massages, facials, mani-pedi… if you ever need to get me a gift, a spa day is the answer.
- I also love going to plays, musicals, and shows.
- My favorite food is Chinese food.
- I love tea, but it doesn’t do the job that coffee does and could never take it’s place.
- I love calendars and being organized and love to plug in new dates as soon as I get them.
- I can spend a pretty penny at Target when I go in for toilet paper (can’t everyone?!)
- I’ve never been big on birthdays. They just aren’t my thing and I don’t think they are a big deal.
- I’m having a reeeeeally hard time coming up with 29 things people don’t know about me since I’m pretty much an open book!
- I’m an organized person in some ways, but also a complete mess in other ways!