My brother-in-law, Roly, blogs for X-Gains.com and he does the Keto diet. Not sure what it is? Read up on it here. Basically, a ketogenic diet (keto), “is a very low-carb diet, which turns the body into a fat-burning machine. It has many potential benefits for weight loss, health and performance, but also some potential initial side effects,” (DietDoctor.com)
Mr. R does this diet (or tries to at least stick to the low-carb diet) so we eat very little carbs around the house. Because of this, we end up eating Keto most days, so I thought I’d share a great, low-carb recipe with you that’s super easy! The best part is that the total time from start till the food hits your mouth is only 15 minutes!
- Boneless Chicken Thighs and Legs. BONELESS = EASY, DARK MEAT = Better Tasting
- Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Goya Sazonador Total, Olive Oil
- Ripe Tomato
- Queso Blanco = Awesome because it softens but doesn’t totally melt!
- Add a bit of olive oil and heat pan/skillet on medium.
- Start by seasoning shicken in the seasonings + garlic, and toss in olive oil
- Cut queso blanco into thin slices
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices
- Once oil is nice and hot, place chicken on skillet. Cook four minutes.
- Flip chicken and add queso blanco to empty spot on skillet. Cook chicken for another four minutes. The queso blanco should cook for two minutes on each side, giving outside a nice charred look.
- Pull off skillet, plate, add tomatoes to the party, and enjoy!