As we plan our trips to Disney World, I love to check out what other people loved (and recommended skipping) at each of the parks. We definitely have our favorites (and not-so-favorites) so I wanted to share that with you all, specified by park.
We’ve also put together a fun video with our top 3 hidden gems, so you can check out our recommendations that way, too! Featured in the video are Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, dance parties, and Enchanted Tales with Belle!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Ya’ll- I can’t say enough good things about BBB! I mentioned it in my Friday Love List AND I am doing a full post on it- it is just that amazing for little ladies! Make sure you make reservations well ahead of time though, and I recommend mornings because they will get to be dressed up the entire day!
- Sleepy Hollow restaurant: ice cream sandwich
- Be Our Guest: We LOVE eating at Be Our Guest because, while Belle and Beast aren’t there, we do get to eat a delicious meal at a reasonable price inside A CASTLE!! I mean, come on! The kids love it!
- Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid: This ride is awesome because it is for everyone (you ride in seashells and can keep kiddos on your lap) and it’s also right next door to Ariel’s Grotto, where you can go meet her! Win win!
- Skip: Space Mountain: Ok, I might get some hate mail for this, but I do not love this ride! And, for the wait times, I just don’t think it’s worth it. It’s bumpy and jerky and I just feel like there are much better roller coasters at Disney than this. Sorry, Space Mountain lovers!
Enchanted Tales with Belle at Magic Kingdom
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: This ride is fun, thrilling, fast, and has tons of great music. Add to it that it’s all in the dark and you’ve got a winning ride! Wait times can get long so make sure you have a fast pass!!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Another fun ride, this one is spooky and has just a few tummy-dropping moments. It’s not as scary as you might think though; in fact, my 5-year-old nephew went on it over and over again!
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage: We are Beauty and the Beast lovers through and through, so the live show being one of our favorites just makes sense. Gaston totally steals the show, and the ending sequence is beautiful.
- Skip: Hollywood and Vine Play & Dine: This was a total bummer to us. We LOVE the Hollywood and Vine Play & Dine Disney Jr. lunch because a) the food is delicious and b) the kids love dancing and playing with Doc, Sofia the First, Jake, and Handy Manny. But, turns out this year, they have stopped the “Play” portion and you now just get to meet the characters. Still fun, but without the dance parties that our kiddos loved so much, I don’t think we can continue to shell out $45/person for lunch. The singing and dancing really made it worth it, so we’re sad that’s over.
- Frozen Ever After: Ok, so there was a lot of hype surrounding this ride and I must say, it was for good reason. Sure, it’s “just a boat ride”, but it’s a really fun boat ride, especially for Frozen lovers. The characters are awesome because their faces are animated, making them look super realistic, and the ride itself is surprising with some backwards floating, a drop, and splashes. Lots of fun, but make sure you snag a Fast Pass!
- Test Track: Of course, Test Track is a tried and true favorite. We love getting to create our own car and then ride in it. I love riding it with our nephews because they crank up the Power and go way low on Economy LOL so we fly!
- Turtle Talk with Crush: This show is perfect for little ones! All kids get to go sit at the front of the auditorium, where they get to “talk” to Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo. It’s awesome because they have a real person there talking live as Crush, so he is interacting with the audience, making it a lot of fun. Plus, it attaches to an aquarium with manatees and the Nemo ride, so it’s like a one stop shop!
- Skip: Crepes de Chefs de France: FOOD is one of the main reasons we go to Epcot (not even kidding) and France is one of our favorite spots. So this year, we thought we’d try out the crepes. While they were good, they just didn’t live up to the expectations that we have for the French food.
- Kilamanjaro Safari: We absolutely love the safari because the kids LOVE animals! If you go first thing in the morning, you are most likely to see lots of animals, including zebras, girrafes, hippos, and maybe even lions!
- Festival of the Lion King: We are huge fans of this show! The music is amazing, the costumes and set-up is perfect, and they even do some gymnastics!
- Expedition Everest: This is another thrilling ride, but be forewarned- not for the faint of stomach. There is one backwards loop that my stomach still hasn’t forgiven me for! Overall, an awesome roller coaster!
- Music and shows: One of the reasons that Animal Kingdom is Cele’s favorite park is because at any given time, you’ll find at least one dance party in the streets! Whether it’s African music or Indian music, the dancing spans the whole street and you can’t help but join in!
- Skip: Flights of Wonder: The birds in this show are beautiful, but it’s a kind of slow-moving show that little ones might get board easily in.
So there ya have it, folks! Our favorite places, rides, or attractions in each park and why we love them! Of course, there’s so much more we love about each park- I could go on forever! What are your favorite destinations in Disney World?