{Recipe} Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

20 Feb

Hey y’all!

In this house, we are a bunch of ice cream lovers. And when I say lovers, I mean 100% of us are certifiably obsessed, including Tino, who knew how to motion and yell for ice cream before he could walk. Going out for ice cream is one of our favorite things to do together, so when Cele got a food processorย one of the first things he wanted to do was make a recipe he’s been dying to make forever: Avocado Ice Cream!

Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

I know, I know, sounds weird, right? But let me tell you, it is SO good! The creaminess of the avocado makes it a great consistency, and sweetnening up with honey makes it sweet enough for you to actually believe it is ice cream! Bonus- it’s super easy, and you only need 5 ingredients!

Ingredients

• 4 squares of dark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 avocados
  • Cinnamon to taste

Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

Directions

• Chop chocolate in food processerย
  • Scoop in avocados and all other ingredients to food processor
  • Blend until smooth
  • Spread into a tupperware container
  • Let freeze 2 hours
  • Scoop and top with dried coconut

Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream

That’s it! Once it has set, you can scoop it and top with fresh coconut. It’s so easy, and so good!

Enjoy! XO,

Amanda

17 Responses to “{Recipe} Dark Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream”

1. Casey February 21, 2017 at 1:57 am #

I am so curious about avocado ice cream but haven’t had the opportunity to taste it…you make this look easy!

2. Kassi February 21, 2017 at 5:14 am #

This sounds delicious! I love using avocado in sweets. I usually make a dark chocolate mousse, but I think I am going to have to give this one a try! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

3. Tina February 21, 2017 at 7:01 am #

I am obsessed with the two main ingredients here. At first, I did think, really? But it does make sense that the creamy flavor of the avocado would be delicious with the chocolate.Having just a few ingredients and being so fast to make, I will definitely be giving this a try!

4. Chelsea Padgett February 21, 2017 at 7:03 am #

We love avocado and dark chocolate. Perfect pair.

5. Amber Richter February 21, 2017 at 4:34 pm #

This does sounds weird, but when looking at the ingredients, it makes sense how it would work well together. I will have to try it!

6. Raquel Harbin February 21, 2017 at 5:04 pm #

I would actually try this because it looks so easy! And I love that you added coconut at the end-yummy!

7. Debby February 21, 2017 at 5:55 pm #

I love ice cream of all kinds. We used to have the old fashion crank machine to make homemade ice cream. This sounds delicious.

8. Chava Mazal Stark February 21, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

This looks AMAZING! I love using avocados in desserts. Most people don’t expect it and they work amazingly.

9. Daniela February 21, 2017 at 6:31 pm #

this recipe sounds so yummy, besides the mouth watering pictures ๐Ÿ˜€ Okay, I need to make this really soon.

Greetings,
    Daniela

10. Daniela February 21, 2017 at 6:31 pm #

Greetings,
    Daniela

11. Laurence Makanao February 21, 2017 at 6:47 pm #

Okay honestly, I will try this recipe because I’m skeptical of how it tastes. Not because it sounds weird, but because I LOVE avocado but HATE dark chocolate. So I’m very very intrigued ๐Ÿ™‚ In a good way, always XOXO

12. Laurence Makanao February 21, 2017 at 6:49 pm #

13. Karyl | Karyl's Kulinary Krusade February 21, 2017 at 8:13 pm #

This is the second post I’ve seen about avocado ice cream in 2 days! I never would have thought to make ice cream with avocado, but now I am so intrigued by it. I’ll have to try this out

14. Sally February 21, 2017 at 9:00 pm #

Love avocados and dark chocolate. Sounds like a match made in heaven ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Ashly J February 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm #

WOW! That looks so good and seems pretty healthy too! I’ve done these with bananas and I’ve baked with avocados. I need to try this!

16. Dawn February 22, 2017 at 3:43 pm #

Avocado makes for a perfect dessert ingredient, especially with chocolate! And it adds a healthy dose of quality fat to boot!