It’s no secret that I have had milk supply issues. Between retained placenta, which hinders production, to having to go days and weeks without nursing due to being in the hospital, it’s been a tough road but I’ve been fighting like crazy to continue to nurse Anissa Marie.
I’ll write a whole seperate post about everything I have tried in order to keep my supply up, but for now, I want to share a delcious recipe for lactation cookies, which has ingredients meant to boost milk supply. I just made these yesterday and they are so tasty- whether or not you’re a milkin’ mama!
The original recipe found can be found here on The Leaky Boob, but I added and tweaked this recipe to make it my own!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed (whole)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut shavings
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Soak the flaxseed in the water for a few minutes to soften.
- Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs, flaxseed and vanilla.
- Add in all other ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet .
- Bake 8 – 12 minutes on 375º.
- Enjoy! Makes about 30 cookies.