First Day of School Fairy

7 Aug

Hey everyone!

Today is the first day of school in Gwinnett County here in Atlanta, which means the first day of school for my mom and sister-in-law (both teachers), and also for my sister, Maddie and my nephew, Alejandro! It’s an especially special day because it is Maddie’s first day at her new school, my mom’s first day at her new school, and Alejandro’s first day of Pre-k!

So to celebrate the First Day of School, I decided to become the First Day Fairy!! It was super easy, and everyone loved it. I basically raided the Target dollar section to make some little goodie bags, and wrote cards to each one, wishing them luck on their first days. Then we stopped by each house to deliver the goodies last night. So what did they include?

Students (Alejandro and Maddie)

• Fruit gummies
  • Water bottle
  • Pencils
  • Flashcards for Alejandro (sight words)
  • Journal for Maddie
  • Photo bracelet

Teachers (Mom and Jaclyn)

• Lint roller
  • Godiva chocolate bar
  • Extra large pen
  • Notepad
  • Pencils

Everyone loved these goodies, and it was a great way to show them we cared about them and were thinking about them.

Do you have any First Day of School traditions?

XO,

Amanda

13 Responses to “First Day of School Fairy”

1. Granny Beth August 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm #

No I don’t have one, but I will now. What a fabulous idea! I have been looking for a way to be a part of that first day for my grands. Thank You.

2. Ashley B. August 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

Oh my gosh! That is such a great idea!!!! I love how you made them for both your kids and your family members who are teachers.

3. Joy with Mom it Forward August 7, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

What a darling idea! This might have to be a new tradition in our home! Thanks for sharing such a fun and creative idea!!

4. Susan Hefner August 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

What a great idea! My kids start school next week!

5. Anne Aviles August 7, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Thank you, Sweetie! Maddie and I love our treat bags! We especially love the thoughtful person who brought them to us!

• amanda23rodriguez August 7, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

I’m so glad ya’ll liked them! It was fun to make them for you!!

6. Kari Ann August 8, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

Wow back to school already? We don’t start until end of August here :-). Great Idea for kids and teachers!

7. Corinne August 8, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

This is such an adorable idea. I am so glad your kids started school before mine did so that I can do this in time for the first day of school! Thanks for sharing such a clever idea.

8. Amanda C August 8, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

Aw! I can’t wait to do this with my little man! Hope they have a great time at school!