Dessert is my favorite meal of the day. Key lime pie is my favorite dessert. Therefore, key lime pie is pretty much always at the forefront of my mind. Sad, I know, but don’t pity me just yet, as I am here to share an easy and delcious twist on my favorite dessert… Key Lime Pie Pudding Parfaits!
Now of course this recipe was originally found on Pinterest (come on, what recipe isn’t found on Pinterest?) Here is the original recipe from a blog called Food, Fashion and Flow. Esentially, it’s key lime pie in a heavenly, delicious cup. Not to mention, it was easy to make and a great way to divvy up the desserts to make sure you have enough for everyone. Here’s what a Key Lime Pudding Parfait looks like:
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 2 large boxes Vanilla Pudding
- 5 large limes (juice and shavings) OR 1 packet of Frosting Creations Key Lime flavoring
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbles
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Crush up enough graham crackers for 2 cups
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan
- Once heated, add the brown sugar and stir until bubbling
- Add crumbles and cook for 3 minutes
- Lay out on a plate and let cool. Once cool, break it into crumbles by hand
- Make instant pudding and add lime juice or flavor pack to taste. Put in fridge to let cool.
- Once cool, put a scoop of pudding in each cup. Then add a layer of crumbles, and add another layer of pudding. Let cool in fridge for at lease one hour.
- When ready to serve, add a generous scoop of whipped cream and an extra cookie!
Makes 12 cups