Mother’s Day is right around the corner- have you thought of what you are going to get your beautiful mother/grandmother/aunt/other important lady yet? I know I am struggling with it this year, because we didn’t want to be cliche or get my mom and mother-in-law the same thing over and over again- so I tried to spice it up.
I’ve compiled a list below of my top picks for Mom this May, which can help you spice up your gift-giving skills, too! Though I can’t speak from experience yet, these are all things I would love if I were a mom! (Subtle hint to Mr. R for the future- bookmark this!)
Jewelry: A classic. There are so many ways to show your Mom how much you love her through jewlery, but below are a few of my favorite sites to shop for jewelry! You won’t find the typical jewelry here, though, so be prepared for a little adventure when you check these out!
- Origami Owl: You can customize your own locket necklace with a special message for Mom
- Stella and Dot: This is like the Mary kay of jewelry- and awesome jewelry, at that! Visit the site to find out how to order (or even become a host!)
- Kendra Scott: Love her bright colors and unique designs, as well as the customizable color bar!
Home Goods: Getting goods to beautify the house is always a good move, especially if you are in-tune with your Mom’s style and design preferences. It’s the little touches that will let her know you care.
- Picture frames/ Canvases: This is always a favorite- frame a picture of you and your mom, of your wedding, a sibling picture or her favorite picture of her grandkids. She will love it.
- Scentsy: Of course I can’t buy my mom Scentsy, since she sells it, but it’s a great option for other moms! Check out her collection of wickless scents for the house, that are so cute!
Relaxation: Moms- tell me: What mom doesn’t want relaxation for Mother’s Day? That’s what I thought!
- Books: Is your mom a reader? Find a great romantic novel or that new cookbook she’s been looking for, or a Barnes & Noble gift card if she’s an e-reader!
- Spa/massage: This is a classic, and definitely something I’d love one day when I’m a mom (hint hint, Mr.R!) Whether it’s a full body massage, a foot massage or a trip to the spa for a facial, I’m sure she will appreciate the relaxation!
- Beauty Products: Beauty products are another go-to! A basket of smell goods will always do the trick, and will help get Mom glamourous before any Mother’s Day celebrations!
- Perfume: Love the way Mom smells? Refill whatever she already loves, or ask for help at the store with trying to buy something new, but similar enough that you know she’ll love.
- Smartphone/tablet: Got a tech-savvy Mom? If she already has a smartphone or tablet, accessories are always nice. If not, think about buying her one, or maybe having all the siblings chip in! She’ll love having it as a way to stay connected if she lives far, and as a way to see her kids and grandkids whenever she wants.
- Nook/Kindle: See “books” above- if you do have a tech-savvy mama who likes to read, think about a Nook or a Kindle for ease-of-use and a cheaper way to read (did you know you can check out books for free through the library, just like a real book?
What are you getting your Mom for Mother’s Day? Is it found in the list above, or did you choose to go creative this year?