So, as y’all may remember, we just got back from a relaxing, 2-week #saltlife beach vacay. While lounging on the beach, we realized that, being only 2 hours away from Orlando, it would be an absolute shame to NOT stop by Disney World while we were down here!
So, we set out on planning a weekend vacation to Disney World, and this was hard, because we are such planners that we usually get started about 9 months to a year in advance! It worked out well, though, so I wanted to share a few tips that were really helpful to us while planning our last-minute trip!
Tips for planning a last-minute Disney World trip
- Pick your dates/how long you want to go for
- We had originally just planned to go down on Saturday and leave Sunday, just doing one day at the park. Then, my dad had the idea to make it a two-day park trip, so we could maximize our time, and I’m so glad we did!
- CALL Disney to get the best rates
- You can find everything you need online at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/, however if you call and talk to an agent, they may even be able to find you better rates! It’s worth a shot.
- Book your room and tickets together if you are staying 2+ days.
- If you are only buying a 1-day ticket, you can’t purchase it with your room and will need to buy separately
- Once booked, pick Magic Band colors online (if still available). If not, you can ask for your colors at the front desk when you arrive!
- Book Fast Passes immediately! You won’t have all rides available since you are so close to time, but you’ll still be able to find some good ones!
- Book any reservations asap (dining, Bibbidi Bobbidy Boutique, etc.) We also had to check back all throughout the week and even up until the day we arrived because a few of the restaurants we wanted weren’t available at the time, but reservations are always opening up, so be sure to check back frequently. You can do that online at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
- Head to a local store for essentials! Since we were at the beach, we didn’t have a lot of the stuff we would have at home, like Disney clothes, strollers, ponchos, etc., so we had to go out and buy those items.
- Go buy some Disney gift cards at Target to save 5%! These can be used to pay off your room balance, for souvenirs, food, etc.
- Once you arrive, HAVE FUN! Let go of the planning and enjoy! Because it’s probably a short trip, you’ll want to soak in every second!
This was literally one of the best weekends ever and one of the best decisions we’ve made. We loved our time there and already can’t wait till our next trip!!
What do you think? Have you ever planned a last-minute trip? If so, do you have any tips to add?